Rock-Cut-Cellars

Through many centuries, the citizens of Nuremberg have built vaults and corridors into the bright red sandstone below their city. In 1380, the widespread cellar system was mentioned in a document for the first time. In all those years, the cellars were primarily used for the ripening and storage of beer – mostly the city's famous red beer. 

Today, the craft brewery Hausbrauerei Altstadthof again uses a small part of the widespread maze-like cellar system to ripen and store specialty beers and beer schnaps.

Address:
Bergstrasse 19
90403 Nuremberg
map >>
Opening hours:
Tours in English: sundays at 11.30 am, tours in German: daily 11 am,
1 pm, 3 pm and 5 pm, weekends and public holidays hourly from 11 am until 5 pm
Entrance fee's:
Adults 5 Euros (English 5,50 Euro)/ reduced rate 4 Euros / children up to 6 years free of charge / free admission with the NÜRNBERG CARD
Group tours only by appointment
(+49(0)911 / 22 70 66): German 80 Euro / foreign language 90 Euros